Today I am sharing with all of you the secrets to getting the perfect ceiling and how to open up your staircase to make your home much brighter and open...
Enjoy the pics and post...
- Height – Even a home with average walls can appear quite tall with tray ceilings because the central area grants the room so much additional depth.
- Overall Volume – Not only does a room appear taller with tray ceilings, the overall size of the space appears significantly larger. In fact, the room is provided with so much more volume, it is recommended to measure your walls when shopping for furniture because it is common to over-buy, thinking that you have more room than you actually do.
- Design – Tray ceilings offer a great amount of flexibility when it comes to decorating. You can have fun with different paint colors, borders, add lighting around a layer or even paint a mural or install decorative molding.
- Border – Hanging a border about a foot down from the top of the wall and then painting the wall below the border a darker color will give the illusion of a taller ceiling. Alternatively, you can paint your darker color up onto the ceiling, making the wall appear taller if you don’t want to use a border. This can tricky though to keep perfectly even.
- Hang Curtains – Position your curtain rods closer to the ceiling rather than directly over the window and use longer curtains. This will add a significant amount of height to the space.
- Accent Slopes – Have a ceiling that slopes on one side? This is super common in upstairs bedrooms. Why not accent the slope by hanging sheer scarves from the ceiling and then drape them down the slope and use a thumbtack to hold them in place? Fabric will add depth!
- Mirrors – Anytime you are faced with a size issue, hang mirrors. Staggering them at various heights will make the room more three-dimensional.