Today I am writing about things we tend to normally forget about when thinking about home decor and remodeling projects. First the Home Entertainment room, then there are shelves, and some other hidden items we tend to overlook. I also have added a piece on how to remodel and decorate your kitchen on a budget.
Enjoy the pics and post...
All ABout Home Entertainment...
- Size – The biggest television is not always the best one. In fact, a screen that is too large for a space, especially one you are forced to sit too close to, will compromise visual quality.
- Wall Placement – When hanging a flat screen don’t judge the height based on standing there looking at it. Sit on the chair you will normally spend your time in and you will notice that the screen needs to be hung much lower for you to be comfortable.
- Hiding Wires – Nothing ruins an elegant room faster than wires hanging. If you are concealing wires in a wall, make sure that they have a UL-rating so there is no potential for a fire hazard. Don’t want to tuck your wires in your wall? Use wire guards, they stick to virtually any surface and you can paint them to match the color of the wall.
- Change Fixtures – Replacing your old, ordinary faucet with a contemporary one is a small change that makes a big difference. Opt for one that offers a low-flow option which will cut down on your water bill.
- Add a Backsplash – You can provide color, depth and even a pattern or theme to your kitchen by adding a backsplash to one wall. Be creative, experiment with more than one tile and choose colors that will bring your kitchen to life.
- Modernize Your Lighting – What do the light fixtures in your kitchen look like? Adding recessed lighting or hanging a chandelier or even pendant or waterfall fixtures can really make a strong statement.
- Replace Your Countertop – A stunning countertop can quickly become a focal point in any kitchen and replacing yours is not nearly as costly as you may imagine. Ceramic tiles are easy to install or you can look for materials such as stone or granite, keeping in mind that stone is much less expensive than granite.
- Paint a Wall – Sometimes just bringing a new color to one wall is all that you need to satisfy your redecorating urge.
- Control the Flow – People and pets need to be able to find their way through the room without obstacles or tight, undesirable squeezes. Keeping seating where it won’t interfere with doors and electrical outlets is crucial. Also, take into consideration recliners that may become fully extended or leafs that might be added to tables.
- Have a Focal Point – Every room needs a focal point. In homes with a fireplace, the mantle usually takes over, a contemporary bedroom has a platform bed, etc. The eyes can become lost and exhausted if left to travel aimlessly throughout a room and never reach a focal point. Wall fountains, art, biofuel fireplaces or even large aquariums all work well.
- Scale – The furnishings need to be reflective of the size of the room. You simply cannot have over-sized furniture in a small space. Choose clean lines and create balance to make the room appear larger.
Hope you enjoyed..
AG Home Goods